The Cambridge Immunology Network PhD and Postdoc Committee is a group of enthusiastic scientists who help to run the network and ensure that our early career scientists can make the most of there time researching here at Cambridge.
The committee play an active role in the Immunology network and are involved with many activities:
- Provide the monthly Early Careers Journal Club meetings
- Attend meetings about how the network should be run
- Provide feedback on events that the network organises
- Volunteer to help with public engagement events
- Help organise and Chair at the PhD and Postdoc Day
- Suggest speakers for the "Immunology and Medicine" seminar series
- Lisa with the coordinator of the Immunology network to ensure that the needs of our early career scientists are met.
We are lucky to have two very proactive head representatives
Dr Alice Denton for the postdocs email@example.com
Mr Michael Harris for the PhD students firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join us?
1) A great way to make new like-minded friends and potential collaborators
2) The early career journal club means that this is a very sociable committee - bring your drinks and pizza is ordered on the night!
3) Being part of such an organisation is a great way to impress on your CV.
If you would like to become a member of the this committee then please email either the Immunology Coordinator; Dr Tammy Dougan (email@example.com) or Alice Denton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All you need to be is happy to attend a couple of meetings a year and be proactive in helping out at public engagement events. It would also be very helpful if you would be interested in attending the early careers journal club.
Looking forward to meeting you!