- 2017 Immunology PhD and Postdoc day - June 8th - CRUK
Feb 15, 2016
Free registration to enter a short talk or poster open in Feb.
- 2016 EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE INVENTOR AWARD
May 23, 2016
Helen Lee (Haematology) was selected from 470 nominations by the European Patent Office to be one of the 3 finalists for SAMBA, the technology she and her group have developed. They have greatly simplified the detection of infectious diseases by nucleic acid amplification suitable for resource-poor settings.
- Immunotherapy - Cancer cure?
Feb 17, 2016
The researchers genetically modified the t-cells to engineer a new targeting mechanism - chimeric antigen receptors - to target acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- King's Fellows receive prestigious Investigator Award-
Sep 21, 2016
Professor Ashley Moffett and Dr Francesco Colucci
- Huge £114million research investment announced for Cambridge- BRC
Sep 14, 2016
Cambridge is set to get a huge £114m from the Government to make world-first medical breakthroughs, as part of a record package of research funding announced today by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
- 60 YEARS OF THE BRITISH SOCIETY FOR IMMUNOLOGY
Oct 11, 2016
The British Society for Immunology celebrates 60 years on Tuesday 11 October. We are proud to have supported immunology and immunologists during this time and we hope as many of you as possible are able to join us in celebrating this important milestone.
- Cancer Research UK - Immunology call
Oct 22, 2016
At Cancer Research UK we recognise that immunology has underpinned some of the most exciting discoveries in modern cancer research. We are committed to supporting cutting-edge immunology to deepen our understanding of the interactions between the immune system and tumours.
- Case study on Department of Veterinary Medicine research informing WHO guidelines
Jul 06, 2016
Dr Caroline Trotter and her team at Cambridge’s Department of Veterinary Medicine have used mathematical modelling to help ensure that World Health Organisation guidelines provide the most robust and effective approach to meningitis vaccinations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Call for EMI collaborative research projects with AstraZeneca/MedImmune
Aug 17, 2016
The Experimental Medicine Training Initiative (EMI) is an exciting scheme recently set up between University of Cambridge, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre, and Pharmaceutical Industry partners interested in developing scientific expertise in the field of experimental medicine (Clinical Trials).
- Call for collaborative research proposals with GlaxoSmithKline
Jun 15, 2016
The University of Cambridge/ CUH/ GSK Joint Steering Committee (JSC) are pleased to announce a new call for collaborative Cambridge/GSK research proposals. This is the fourth annual call under the “Varsity” initiative which has to date funded 12 new collaborative medicine-focused projects. More information about the initiative can be found here.
- GSK Discovery Partnership with Academia Fast Track Golden Triangle Challenge - call open External Call for proposals
Oct 22, 2016
This new Call for Proposals has a closing date of 28th October 2016. Key Questions that need to be considered before applying are: 1) Do you have a clear therapeutic hypothesis? 2) Do you have a defined drug target? 3) Do you have enabling expertise?
- Imagine a world without borders: an immunologist’s thoughts on Brexit
Aug 17, 2016
Francesco Colucci shares his thoughts on Brexit
- New Nature Comms paper from Michelle Linterman, The Babraham Institute.
Feb 03, 2016
- The importance of resting phases in B cell development- Science paper
Apr 28, 2016
Alison Galloway, Martin Turner & Co.. Science paper
- Single-cell RNA-seq identifies a PD-1hi ILC progenitor and defines its developmental pathway
Sep 29, 2016
Yong Yu, Jason C.H. Tsang, Cui Wang, Simon Clare, Juexuan Wang, Xi Chen, Cordelia Brandt, Leanne Kane, Lia S. Campos, Liming Lu, Gabrielle T. Belz, Andrew N. J. McKenzie, Sarah A. Teichmann, Gordon Dougan & Pentao Liu
- New Immunology Coordinator Started
Mar 09, 2016
- Save the Date! - 2016 - PhD and Postdoc Day
Aug 13, 2015
The Cambridge Immunology PhD and Postdoc Day will be on Tuesday May 31st, 2016.
- Lalita Ramakrishnan elected to the U.S. National Academy of Sciences .
Apr 30, 2015
Professor Lalita Ramakrishnan announced as one of 84 new members of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
- Andres Floto et al repurpose anticonvulsants as tuberculosis drug
Dec 30, 2014
Functional drug screening reveals anticonvulsants as enhancers of mTOR‐independent autophagic killing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis through inositol depletion
- Sharon Peacock has been awarded a CBE
Jan 05, 2015
Professor Sharon Peacock has been awarded a CBE for her services to Medical Microbiology
- The curious relationship between diseases and immune systems
Apr 28, 2016
A researcher based at the Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research Unit in the UK is improving understanding of the immune system. His work on protein interactions and how they correlate with infectious disease and inflammatory conditions could soon help to control and treat diseases
- Wellcome Trust award to study link between immune system and brain disorders
Dec 29, 2014
A Wellcome Strategic Award of £5 million includes is granted to a consortium of seven Universities including Cambridge and two companies.